Sunday, November 15, 2009

So Mature

Bea's birthday is almost a week away, but it often feels surprising to me that she will only be 2 years old. She is so advanced. Yes, I am one of those parents who really believes my kid is incredibly unique. Here is just a little evidence for why it is indisputable that she is a very mature almost-2-year-old.
  • Today she counted to ten twice while practicing jumps off the bed. The jumps could use a little work, they're more like a falling tumble, but the counting was amazing!
  • She can speak in long sentences, paragraphs and even shows teen-age speech patterns such as, "like... um" and "I'm good."
  • She has an incredibly developed social awareness, especially regarding hosting skills. At meals or snacks she often asks each person: "Enough? More?" and serves them more if they request.
  • Her emotional awareness is also right up there. She seems to feel the sentiment of the room and often gives pats on the back when people need it and has been known to pull mom and dad's heads together for a kiss when that is what's necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, so good to hear how Nate and Bea are doing (very impressive on Bea's end! I wish I had hosting skills like that!) I hope you and Nils are also well, and having a good time together being a family. We're praying for you.

    love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think you're right about your daughter! I have always been struck by the intensity in her eyes and her questions--it seems like she was asking "Why?" way before kids normally do.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete