Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Dress Up



Cute. I'm glad I got these photos, but it wasn't easy.

First, there is getting them into "fancy" clothes. Usually dressy clothes don't feel quite as comfy, I don't usually suggest these clothes to them so they are "different," and kids can always sense when you really want them to do something like wear nice clothes so I can take a holiday photo. Then, there is the arranging... getting them to stop playing momentarily to take some pictures but not run to see the picture on the camera screen before the shutter flashes, getting them to smile but not smile too much, stand next to each other but not on each other, etc, etc.

The stars were aligned today and somehow I was calm about it and they were easy-going and we stopped and looked at photos on the camera screen and we stopped and played puppies and we stopped a lot in general. But in the end, we had a few nice photos and we weren't all frustrated with each other. This is quite a contrast to my first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment