Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Still Designing Shooters...

I thought this was a pretty nice design. We have still not gotten Nathan a real toy gun... except for a happy meal one. About once every 2 weeks there is another home-made model. This one is a dismantled golf club tied to a piece of a dismantled soccer net, filled with foam dice for the ammo. I know he will play with guns (and already is), but he's only 3. So... can I keep letting him invent his own for a year or so or am I denying him a vital tool for play? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. i vote for always designing your own--you have the added benefit of always including imagination and creativity. i've noticed that tate has picked up the same ideas. he now makes a "shooter" (although less involved than nathan's). tessa gave him what-for the other day for actually daring to shoot her homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie. I definitely like the creativity.

    ReplyDelete